Do you have missing teeth? Have you experienced loose fitting or uncomfortable dentures? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, it can bring with it a whole host of other issues. Not only can loose dentures leave you in pain, they can make it difficult for you to chew and eat food properly. Missing teeth or loose dentures can leave you feeling self-conscious when eating particular foods, especially in front of people. As a result, you may find yourself limiting your diet completely and avoiding eating in social situations.
However, there is a solution, the all on 4 dental implants is a revolutionary treatment to provide you with a complete set of fully functioning, fixed teeth and can often be fitted within a day!
How does it work?
The all on 4 dental implant technique uses the dense bone in the front of the mouth to place four implants. Two of the implants are placed at particularly clever angles, which means in most cases additional surgery is not required.
Once the implants are in place, a provisional set of teeth can be attached, which means the patient can eat and smile straight away. These teeth can be adjusted to give the exact, desired appearance. This allows time for the healing process of 3-6 months to take place, whereby the implants fuse with the bone. Once the healing process is completed, the final set of teeth are constructed and fitted
Before treatment begins, patients will be required to have several x-rays and sometimes a ct scan. The planning stages can take a few weeks, but once this has been completed, the actual fitting can take as little time to complete as a day, hence the treatment is often known as ‘teeth in a day’ or ‘same day teeth’.
Ideal candidates for all on 4 teeth are:
- People who suffer from loose, ill-fitting dentures
- People with missing teeth
- Patients who suffer from bone loss and can’t have dental implants
- Patients who have been informed they need bone grafting for implants
- Patients who have failing bridges and crowns.
What are the advantages of all on 4 dental implants?
- Fixed teeth in as little as a day
- Minimal recovery time
- Faster treatment time than traditional techniques
- Lower costs due to faster treatment time
- The ability to eat all types of food again
- The ability to eat and chew with confidence
- Improved oral hygiene and oral health as teeth can be cleaned like natural teeth